Thank you for your interest in our website and our company – Amann Girrbach AG.
Who we are:
The party responsible for processing data is
Amann Girrbach AG
6842 Koblach, Austria
You can reach us at:
The data privacy officer in our company can be reached at:
We process your personal data exclusively within the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Austrian Data Protection Act (Datenschutzgesetz, DSG). In this statement you will find all relevant information about the type, extent, and purpose of the collection and use of personal data.
What are personal data?
The term “personal data” is defined in Article 4(1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes any personal information such as your name or email address as well as your surfing habits and communication behavior.
Data processing when visiting our website
Use for information purposes
When using the website purely for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR)
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (actual page)
- Access status/HTTP- status code
- Transferred data volume in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
These data are stored anonymously and are used exclusively for statistical purposes (e.g. how often the individual pages of our offer are visited) or for technical network and system monitoring to be able to determine faults in server operation (log files).
We delete or anonymize your personal data as soon as they are no longer required for the purposes for which we collected or used them for the above purposes.
With regard to the storage of data in log files, the data are deleted or anonymized after 30 days at the latest.
If you wish to contact a dealer via the contact form, your details from the inquiry form, including the contact details that you provided therein, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the contact and in the event of further communication. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
The processing of this data is based on Article 6(1) lit. b of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), provided that your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective handling of the requests addressed to us (Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR) or on your consent (Article 6(1) lit. a GDPR) provided that it has been requested; the consent can be revoked at any time.
The data you enter in the contact form will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it, or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after we have completed processing your request). Mandatory legal provisions – in particular retention periods – remain unaffected.
Consent with Cookiebot
Our website uses Cookiebot's consent technology to obtain your consent for the storage of specific cookies on your end terminal or to the use of certain technologies and to document this in accordance with data protection law. The provider of this technology is Cybot A/S, Havnegade 39, 1058 Copenhagen, Denmark (referred to in the following as “Cookiebot”).
Data processing of plug-ins
Plug-ins are elements embedded in the website which contain a reference to third-party content (so-called "plug-in"). When integrating plug-ins, we use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit the website, no personal data are initially passed on to the third-party provider as a matter of principle.
We have integrated YouTube videos on our website, which are stored and can be viewed on the YouTube platform. YouTube is a platform of Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. We use our specially created and embedded YouTube videos in the "extended privacy mode". This means that the data you provide in the following will only be transmitted when you actually play the video. Otherwise there is no transfer. YouTube videos from third parties which are embedded on our website cannot be used in the "extended privacy mode". Here an automatic transmission of the data mentioned in Section 2 to YouTube takes place. The transfer of data cannot be influenced by us.
We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of processing or the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by Google.
Types of data:
By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. When used, the following data are also transmitted to Google:
- Information on the type of browser and the version used
- The operating system of the user and its interface
- The user's Internet service provider
- The user's IP address
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user's system accesses our website
- Websites which are called up by the user's system via our website
- Transferred data volume
- Access status/HTTP- status code
This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data are directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish assignment with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you need to contact the third party providers to exercise this right.
- Processing of personal data is performed with regard to the collection and transmission of the user's IP address and information on the browser type and version used to the third party provider to be able to provide the online offer of the third party provider, for reasons of user-friendliness and for technical necessities. The IP address is required for the third party provider to deliver the third party content. Information on the type of browser and the version used is necessary to provide the contents in the correct format.
The legal framework for the collection and transmission of the IP address and information on the type of browser is therefore Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR. The legitimate interest lies in the provision and improvement of an online offer as well as the user-friendliness of the offer.
The legal framework for the collection and transmission of cookies (see point 2.c.) and the information you provide is your consent in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point a GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing performed on the basis of the consent until revocation.
Duration of storage:
- We do not store any data which arise in connection with the use of plug-ins. With regard to possible storage by Google, please also refer to their respective data privacy statement at: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- The collected data are transmitted to the respective third party providers. The transmission of personal data is justified by the fact that we have a legitimate interest in passing on the data for the provision and improvement of our online offer and for reasons of user-friendliness and are not outweighed by your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data in the meaning of Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR.
Data processing outside the European Union:
- For cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, we have concluded standard contractual clauses accordingly.
Google Tag Manager
We use the Google Tag Manager. The provider is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
The Google Tag Manager is a tool which allows us to embed tracking or statistical tools and other technologies on our website. The Google Tag Manager itself does not create user profiles, does not store cookies and does not perform any independent analyses. It is only used for the administration and execution of its integrated tools. However, the Google Tag Manager collects your IP address, which may also be transferred to Google's parent company in the United States.
The use of the Google Tag Manager is based on Article 6(1) lit. f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in a quick and uncomplicated integration and management of various tools on its website. If a corresponding consent has been requested, the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Article 6(1) lit. a GDPR and Sec. 25(1) of the German Telecommunications and Telemedia Data Protection Act (TTDSG), insofar as the consent includes the storage of cookies or access to information in the user's terminal device (e.g. device fingerprinting) as defined by the TTDSG. The consent can be revoked at any time.
This website uses functions of the Google Analytics web analysis service. The provider is Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics allows the website operator to analyze the behavior of visitors to the website. Here, the website operator receives various usage data, for example, accessed pages, duration of visit, operating systems used and the origin of the user. This data is summarized in a user ID and assigned to the respective end terminal of the website visitor.
Furthermore, Google Analytics allows us to record your mouse and scroll movements and clicks, among other things. Google Analytics also uses various modeling approaches to supplement the collected data sets and uses machine learning technologies in data analysis.
Google Analytics employs technologies which enable recognition of the user for the purpose of analyzing user behavior (e.g. cookies or device fingerprinting). The information recorded by Google about the usage of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there.
The use of this service is based on your consent according to Article 6(1) lit. a GDPR and Sec. 25(1) TTDSG. The consent can be revoked at any time.
The data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission. Details can be found here:
You can prevent the collection and processing of your data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link:
We have concluded an order processing agreement with Google and fully implement the strict requirements when using Google Analytics.
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; https://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection:
Transfers to third countries are possible. As an appropriate safeguard standard contractual clauses pursuant to Article 46 GDPR apply. Further information can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_en
Registration data in business dealings – B2B
In the course of initiating and handling business (contract performance and customers’ use of the services provided by Amann Girrbach AG) with our customers, we save and process contact data, contract data, accounting data, and correspondence.
- For new and existing customers the processing of data is necessary to perform the contract and/or pre-contractual measures Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point b GDPR
- For potential customers we invoke the legal framework of our legitimate interest in pursuing the business Art. 6(1) sentence 1 points b and f GDPR.
- In the context of invoicing deliveries or services, we are obliged on the basis of the Austrian Federal Fiscal Code (Bundesabgabeordnung, BAO), the Austrian Commercial Code (Unternehmensgesetzbuch, UGB), and the Austrian Value-Added Tax Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz, UStG) to retain personal data for the purposes of calculating and reporting taxes as well as the bookkeeping obligations that apply to us. Without the provision of your data we are unable to comply with our obligations, legal framework Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point c GDPR.
- We process the data of existing customers for as long as the contractual relationship is maintained. Once this has ended we store these data until the statutory retention periods have elapsed.
- All accounting data, accounts, receipts, statements, etc. are generally stored for 7 years in accordance with the legally prescribed storage periods and are then deleted or anonymized.
- Personal customer data are stored by Amann Girrbach AG for as long as required for fulfillment of the obligations pertaining to this company or for as long as the company is entitled for the purpose of defense against any valid claims asserted against the company.
- Apart from our internal authorized employees, accounting data are forwarded where necessary to our tax consultant (and thus to third parties). The data you provide will be shared to the extent necessary within our group of companies for internal administrative purposes, including joint customer service. Any disclosure of personal data is justified by the fact that we have a legitimate interest in passing on the data for administrative purposes within our group of companies and are not outweighed by your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data within the meaning of Art. 6(1) sentence 1 point f GDPR.
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter in which we inform you about our current events and other news related to our company. The services that have been applied for are stated in the consent form.
To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the double opt-in process. This means that after you have registered, an e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you gave in which we ask you to confirm that you want us to send you our newsletter. If you do not confirm your subscription within 3 business days, your information is blocked and is automatically deleted after one month. We also save the IP addresses that you used and the time of your registration and confirmation. The purpose of this process is to verify your subscription and, if necessary, to be able to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
The only mandatory field for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. Providing other specially marked data is voluntary as a matter of principle and is used to be able to address you personally. Any data that we require for other purposes in a form are identified where applicable as mandatory fields. After your confirmation, we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal framework is Article 6(1) sentence 1 point a of the GDPR.
You can withdraw your consent to sending the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe to the newsletter. You can state that you are withdrawing your consent by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a letter to the contact details stated in the masthead.
We wish to point out that we analyze your usage behavior with the sending of the newsletter. For this analysis the e-mails we send contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels which are single-pixel graphic files that are saved on our website. As part of the analyses, we link the data that is automatically collected when visiting the website (see above) and the web beacon with your e-mail address and an individual ID. The data are collected exclusively anonymously, the IDs are thus not linked with your other personal data, and a direct link to a particular individual is not possible. The legal framework is your consent according to Article 6(1) sentence 1 point a of the GDPR.
You can revoke your consent regarding the evaluation of your user behavior at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter via the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us via another contact channel. The information is saved for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we only save the data anonymously for statistical purposes.
We use the service provider adRom Media Marketing GmbH, Lustenauerstraße 66, A-6850 Dornbirn, Austria, to send out newsletters. To send out the newsletter, the data provided by you when registering for the newsletter will be passed on to adRom Media Marketing GmbH.
Amann Girrbach AG is always searching for talented employees who are motivated to work with us for the benefit of the company and our customers. In part we receive personal data from candidates in the form of job applications and CVs. However, in some cases we also proactively approach potential employees who have been recommended to us or whose profile on online platforms, for example, we consider promising. In addition to the contact data and information about professional experience, education and training, interests, and leisure activities that we obtain in job applications and curriculum vitae, we also record the status of the recruitment phase and our initial impressions gained during the first interview which takes place in our company.
- The data you provide will be used to process your application, in particular to check the suitability of the applicant for open positions. The legal framework for this is § 26 BDSG section 1 sentence 1 BDSG as a matter of principle.
- When we proactively approach potential employees we act on the basis of our legitimate interest to add the best minds in the industry to our team and to create an attractive offer for applicants.
- In the best case, we reach an agreement and we appreciate the addition to our team. However, a profile does not always match those positions that are currently available but may still be of great interest to us. In these cases we ask the applicant for their agreement for us to retain their data in our records.
- If an employment contract does not eventuate with potential employees, the data are stored for 6 months so that we can respond to legal claims where necessary. Only if the applicant agrees to the retention in the records are the data stored longer, at most until the withdrawal of the agreement.
- Only those persons in the company who are responsible for recruitment and the relevant executives have access to the data of job applicants. Personal data of job applicants are not passed on to third parties.
Your rights relating to your personal data
In principle, you are entitled to the rights of information (Art. 15 GDPR), correction (Art. 16 GDPR), deletion (Art. 17 GDPR), restriction (Art. 18 GDPR), data transferability (Art. 20 GDPR) against data processing at any time.
Furthermore, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for reasons arising from your specific situation. We then no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing which are worthy of protection and outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (Art. 21 GDPR). Revocation only takes effect for the future. Processing of personal data prior to the notice of revocation is not affected by this.
Upon written request we are happy to inform you at any time about the personal data we have saved about you. Please direct your queries in this regard to email@example.com.
If the data we have relating to you is not correct, please inform us. We will immediately rectify any errors and inform you about this.
If you no longer wish us to process your data, we ask that you simply inform us of this at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will of course immediately delete your data and inform you about this. If there are compelling legal reasons that prevent deletion, we will immediately inform you about this.
You also have the right to limit the processing of your data and any data transfer. If you are of the view that the processing of your data contravenes Austrian or European data protection law and that we have violated your rights as a result, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com to clarify any issues.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org or a European regulatory authority or to appeal to the courts.
If we process your data on the basis of your consent, you can revoke this simply by sending us an e-mail. Processing of your data remains lawful until you revoke your consent. You can contact us about this at email@example.com.